Interior Heavy Equipment

Operator School

Winfield, BC   |   Innisfail, AB   |   Edmonton, AB

Dispute Resolution Policy

This policy governs complaints from students respecting Interior Heavy Equipment Operator School and any aspect of its operations. Student will not be subject to any form of retaliation as a result of filing a complaint.

Step 1 – In the event that a student wishes to dispute an issue relating to the course the student is involved in, he/she must first contact their Lead Hand to discuss the concern. The issue will be documented, and an attempt will be made to resolve the matter. If the Lead Hand is the named in the complaint student is to proceed to Step 2.

Step 2 – If the solution is not satisfactory, the student must outline in writing the nature of the dispute and reasons why they are not satisfied with the Schools decision. The written submission must be sent directly to the attention of the Director of Campus Operations, Raj Mathew at

Step 3 – The matter will then be discussed with the Lead Hand, Director of Campus Operations and any staff involved (if appropriate).

A response from either the Lead Hand or the Director of Campus Operations will be made in writing to the student within 10 days of receipt of the students’ written concerns.

Step 4 – If the student is still not satisfied with the school’s decision, they must notify the school in writing within 10 days. Once received by the school, Interior Heavy Equipment Operator School and the student shall jointly designate a mediator. The cost of the mediator shall be borne equally by Interior Heavy Equipment School and the student. Interior Heavy Equipment School and the student are obligated to make a good faith effort to resolve the issue through mediation.

Final written reasons for the determination will be provided to the student within 30 days after the date on which the written complaint was made. This shall include any appeal and external mediation processes.

Additionally, the student making the complaint may be represented by an agent or a lawyer at any point.

If the student is or was enrolled in an approved program, is dissatisfied with the determination, and has been misled by the institution regarding any significant aspect of that program, he or she may file a complaint with the Private Training Institutions Branch (