IHE continues to research and develop programs to meet and exceed Industry requirements

Instructors offer 100+ years combined industry experience



Many students take advantage of multiple funding sources.

We recognize that it is harder than ever today to qualify for loans. We’ve done our best to ensure bank lender specialists are aware of IHE’s consistent job placement and success rates of our graduates.

Partner Banks - Line of Credit Options

Click below and discover how simple it is to apply at your own local Bank of Montreal or Royal Bank of Canada Branch. We have included a working budget check-list for you, too.

BMO Line of Credit

Print this and take it to your local BMO branch

RBC Line of Credit

Print this and take it to your local RBC branch

Other Payment Options

  • Student Line of Credit (pay interest only for the first year)
  • Homeowner Line of Credit
  • Credit card
  • RRSPs or RESP’s (Registered Educational Savings Plan) see www.hrsdc.gc.ca for info
  • Weekly payment plans available – call for details

Other Sources of Funding Available:

Employment Insurance (EI) – Are you on EI, or have you been in the last three years? You may be eligible for up to $7,500+ towards training in BC.

For further details and to check your eligibility, contact the office nearest you:

*If you have been on EI in the last 3 years or maternal/paternal leave in the last 5 years, and are a resident of the Central Okanagan, please click here for further details on Work BC Assistance. If you are not a resident of the Central Okanagan, you may still qualify for assistance - please contact your local Work BC office for more information.*

Canada Federal Job Grant Funding

To recieve an application form for this funding give us a call or visit the provincial Government website:

  • BC Residents can download the application form here: Click Here
  • AB Residents can download the application form here: Click Here

For Residents outside of BC or AB give one of our student advisors a call to see if you are eligible!

Injured Workers – You may qualify for assistance through WCB Alberta or WorkSafe BC

Are you Métis? - You may be eligible for funds towards training!

  • BC Residents - Click Here to find the MNBC office in your region
  • AB Residents - Click Here to find out which Rupertsland Institute Métis Training to Employment Services Office is located closest to you. Or Phone them Toll-Free right now at 1-888-48-METIS (1-888-486-3847).

First Nations, Inuit, and Métis - Speak to your employment or career counselor for assistance. Courses may be eligible for funding from your local office or representative.

BC Student Aid – As we are PTIB accredited at our BC Sites, our Earthmover course qualifies for BC Student Aid funding. You may be eligible for a loan of $4000 to $6,600 approximately, whether you have any dependants or not. Call us for details on the course schedule.

Did you know you can use your RRSP's for training? Click Here for more information on using RRSP's

Are you a Veteran? You may be eligible for funds for training! Contact your councillor at SISIP for more information. 

There is no tax charged on our tuition. We issue Federal T2202A Tuition Tax Receipts for income tax purposes.

As new funding programs are announced to help meet the skills shortage Industry is presently experiencing, we encourage you to register online and let us work with you to help you reach your goals of becoming a Heavy Equipment Operator!